Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Long day in the hospital

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Today was a long day. Debbie had an appointment for a blood transfusion at 10 am. I went to the university to teach my classes, and then over the hospital at around 1 pm. She was still waiting for the six hour procedure to begin at 3 pm. I lost my cell phone, found it, knocked off my side view mirror by colliding with a mail box.

While I was sitting in the hospital with Debbie, I remembered trying to write the last 10 pages of my masters thesis in 2005 while Debbie was getting surgery to install her port. My entire academic process has overlapped with her battle with cancer.
I left the hospital to run over to FIU for a quick dance lesson with Jennifer. The salsa classes really reduce my blood pressure and keep me from getting depressed. Joy is an elusive quality but very real.

Thank you Lord for giving grace for this day. Now I ask you to grant me rest, and refreshment and recovery for Debbie and a new day full of new grace tomorrow. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment